At Mini-Engineers, we place the health and safety of all our mini-engineers, including parents and staff, as top priority. We not only want our community to have a memorable and fun time with us, but we also want to make sure we are operating in a comfortable and safe environment for everyone involved.
This COVID Policy applies to all children and adults who attend our Activities, as well as staff, volunteers or anyone working on behalf of Mini-Engineers. Activities include Weekly Classes, After School Clubs, Holiday Camps, Workshops, Parties, School Workshops, Corporate Team Building Workshops and any other events we may hold.
Staff and participants should not attend any Mini-Engineers Activity if they have COVID symptoms as per NHS guidance.
- All staff members must either (i) take a lateral flow test within 24 hours of the start of the Activity or (ii) provide evidence of natural immunity through having a positive PCR test in previous 90 days or (iii) prove full vaccination through NHS COVID Pass. At the same time, all staff will be asked to take a lateral flow test a minimum of once per week.
- For our Corporate Team Building Workshops, all adults should either (i) take a lateral flow test 24 hours before the start of the Activity or (ii) provide evidence of natural immunity through having a positive PCR test in previous 90 days or (iii) prove full vaccination through NHS COVID Pass.
- All staff and participants will have their temperatures measured by a non-contact thermometer on arrival. If temperature is above 37.5 C, we will ask the participant not to attend the Activity and a credit will be given.
- All activities are drop off and parents/guardians/nannies are asked to kindly leave as soon as the child is checked in at the door.
- All employees and participants will be asked to wash their hands or to use hand sanitiser on arrival, before and after each break, as well as upon leaving.
- Our LEGO bricks will be sanitised before and/or after each Mini-Engineers activity using UV LED light, which is known to disinfect and kill bacteria and viruses.
- At pickup, all parents/guardians/nannies will be asked to que in a line outside the door. At the end of the Activity, our instructors will bring the children to the door and continue with our check out procedures.
- If anyone from your household tests COVID positive within 48 hours of our Activity, please get in touch with us immediately so we can notify any close contacts.
We are committed to reviewing our COVID Policy as and when government guidance is announced and when we feel that it is in the best interest in the health and safety of our Activities.
The policy was last reviewed on 15th November 2021.